- (205) 322-6060, ext. 103 - main
- (205) 201-7797 - direct
- (205) 201-7288 - fax
- (205) 322-6060, ext. 111
- State Bar of Alabama, Member
- Birmingham Bar Association, Member
- BBA Future Leadership Forum Committee
- Alabama Defense Research Institute
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Alabama Lenders Association
- Alabama, 2009
- United States District Court (Northern District of Alabama), 2012
- United States District Court (Middle District of Alabama), 2012
- United States District Court (Southern District of Alabama), 2012
- United States District Court (Northern District of Florida), 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2015
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Kentucky, B.A., 2003; Political Science
William A. “Drew” Ellis
A native of Lexington, Drew Ellis graduated from the University of Kentucky with a B.A. in Political Science with a minor in English before enrolling in Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law where he obtained a juris doctorate (J.D.) degree in 2009. Following his admission to the Alabama Bar, Mr. Ellis practiced at one of the most prestigious law firms in the Southeast representing business and corporate clients in general litigation, securities litigation, professional liability, antitrust investigations, and defending class actions. Subsequently, Mr. Ellis co-founded Lucado Ellis LLP, a boutique business and commercial litigation firm developing a broad-spectrum business practice representing clients in matters including, but not limited to, business and commercial disputes, shareholder oppression, business formation, transfer and sale of ownership interest, contract negotiation, corporate drafting and commercial workouts.
Upon joining Cloud Willis & Ellis in 2014, Mr. Ellis has continued to focus his practice in the areas of business and commercial law, corporate law, real estate, property, creditors’ rights, landlord-tenant law and while also assisting clients in business formation, planning, financing, and negotiating the purchase and/or sell of ownership interest. Mr. Ellis also provides general counsel services to small business and closely held corporation clients.
Mr. Ellis practices in all state and federal courts in Alabama as well as the Northern District of Florida, and the U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He is an active member of the Birmingham Bar Association, BBA Future Leadership Forum Committee, Alabama Defense Research Institute Alabama Defense Lawyers Association and the Alabama Lenders Association. Drew Ellis is committed to excellence in his practice and service to his clients.